![]() |
| Upper right hand side of South Korea "Seoraksan National Park". |
After the big hike, we headed back on the bus to the hotel. We all settled in, cleaned up, and went out to dinner. It is so nice being in the clear, refreshing mountain air. I can really tell a difference from the city. I also love that you can see the stars out there. The hotel was located in a town called Osaek with a few restaurants, a PC bong (computer room), and a noraebong (karaoke room, obviously). We ate a good dinner of pajeon (Korean seafood pancake) and some soups on the side. After dinner, we walked around by the river next to the hotel and people offered us to drink some of the river water. Apparently, it is fresh water that runs there and safe to drink. I tried it, nothing too special. We all were happy to go to bed early after the long day.
Sunday morning, we all woke up early as we were heading out on another hike that began right by the hotel. We did about a two hour hike through a canyon ravine to a waterfall. It was a pretty and relaxing hike compared the rigorous work out from the day before. After the hike, we ate a delicious lunch of spiced tofu, quail eggs, kimchi soup, and spiced cucumber. My dad was really into the Korean food, not so sure it won over Izaak though. Finally, we all got back on the bus and headed back to Seoul.
Seoraksan was a great trip and I’m really glad I got to do it with my family. Hiking is something that we all enjoy and don’t often get to do it together .

No comments:
Post a Comment