I really felt a part of this country when I hard the great news that South Korea won the bid for the 2018 winter olympics! After two unsuccessful bids before, they finally got the votes they needed. It is so exciting and I am very happy for them. The other cool fact is that I get to say that I snowboarded at a winter olympic venue. I feel pretty cool. The commercials for the olympics have already begun, especially the Korean Air ones. This is great news as I know where I will be in the winter of 2018! So happy.
Below are a couple of Korea's bid videos (in English) for the 2018 winter Olympics:
Best of all, below is Koreans celebrating after they found out they got it:
Koreans cheer fiercely for anything, even when someone strikes out in baseball. I can't even begin to imagine the excitement that will fill this country during the winter olympics. I love this country and sincerely hope to be here to witness it all!

No comments:
Post a Comment