Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bunjee WHO? WHAT? Yes, Julie-Anne Bunjee Jumped!





A couple of weeks ago, Quinn and I prepared ourselves on a Friday night by resting up and going to see a movie.  I have to admit we saw Fast 5 because it was the only option showing in English.  While my friend Greg and Quinn really enjoyed the movie, I took a little nap...oops

Saturday morning, we were up and out the door by 9:30 and off to Yuldong Park.  Quinn, Greg, and I attempted to bunjee jump in the fall, but the line was extremely long and we walked away.  This time we were on a mission and we arrived just as the place opened at 10am and we were #s 1,2, and 3 in line.  I was SO scared.  I was very quiet because I just kept looking up at the thing and thinking am I really going to do this?  The whole process took about 30 minutes from arriving to jumping.  All we did was sign our name, get weighed, and off we went.  We were joking because in the USA you would have had to sign in a hundred places, gone to a lawyer to have the forms notarized, and then come back weeks later.  This was much simpler, for better or for worse.


Sign-in sheet

My fellow jumpers- Greg and Quinn


I was all strapped in, took the elevator up to the top, and watched as my friend Greg went first.  He was confident and took the dive like it ain't no thing.  I was still scared straight.  I was on a platform 45 meters in the air over water and my only thing I had to trust was a rope.  I was at the edge telling Quinn I was not going to do this and I almost didn't.    But, I had made it this far and I didn't want to have to tell the story a hundred times that I quit.  So, I took 3 steps and went.  My hands and feet are tingling even as I write it thinking about the sensation.  You really have to trust that rope because that is all you got.  There are a couple seconds where you are just suspended in the air and it is a rush like you wouldn't believe. 


Not happy.

Elevator up, still scared.

About to go, still scared.



Quinn went after me and it is extremely fun to watch and listen to people's reactions as they are going down.  Quinn took a big jump and liked it so much he was ready to do it again five minutes after.  I am glad I did it, but I don't think I need to do it again.


I did it! I made it off!

The boat picks you up when you are finished.

There we have it, I, Julie-Anne Spatz have bunjee jumped! Crossing it off the life bucket list. 


*Photos courtesy of Quinn*

No comments:

Post a Comment