Quinn's birthday is at a great time of the year because it always falls on one of the first nice weekends of Spring. Similar to last year, we were able to spend Quinn's birthday outside enjoying ourselves.
On Friday night, we went to one of our new favorite finds in Yatap, a restaurant called Bistro Re. Once you are inside of this place, you forget that you are actually in Korea. It looks like a cute, chick restaurant that belongs in a city like Madison or San Francisco. The place serves gourmet pizzas, pasta, and salad at a decent price, not expensive and not cheap. After a delicious meal, we headed into Seoul to check out a club that we have never been to. Eden is in the basement of the Hilton and is known to match the Hilton crowd- it is more classy and expensive then other places around Seoul. I really enjoyed it as you could actually dance and talk to your friends without feeling suffocated by the crowd. It is a little pricey to get in, but you are paying for the better atmosphere.
| Inside Club Eden. |
| Inside Club Eden. |
During the day on Saturday, we spent the sunny, hot day frolicking around Seoul Forest. This is a huge park right in the middle of Seoul with an Equestrian Club (the only in Seoul) and every kind of sporting field that you could think of. We played soccer, threw a frisbee, basketball, and even got some elderly Koreans to teach us how to play croquet. It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Afterwards, we headed further into the city for dinner and a night of fun.
Well get ready to turn your heads everybody (I can't figure out how to change these pics, I am working on it tho!):
Well get ready to turn your heads everybody (I can't figure out how to change these pics, I am working on it tho!):
| Two huge buildings next to the park. |
| The cherry blossoms were still going strong. |
| Bike paths. |
| These Koreans were playing a horse relay race for fun at the equestrian club. |
| The tent industry in Korea makes serious money, Koreans don't like the sun. |
| My new friend. |
| Our croquet teachers. |
| Friends trying out croquet. |
| Cool statues on our way out. |
On Monday night, Quinn and I went to "Mi Madre", a cute Spanish tapas place in Seoul to continue his birthday celebration. We had a great time eating dishes like paella and sipping on a little sangria. The food had flavors that I have not had in a long time and it was delicious.
Overall, I think it was a successful b-day.
| Paella! |
| Avacado...sooo good! |
Overall, I think it was a successful b-day.
No comments:
Post a Comment