I just watched the first real snowfall in Seongnam! It went from a few casual flakes to an all out snow storm and then abruptly stopped. It definitely feels more like winter now! This calls for some Love Actually or Elf or both, hot chocolate, and cozy slippers. All of my students just flocked outside to play in the falling snow. It is pretty funny watching a couple hundered girls running in circles with their tongues out.
This also brings me to the temperature of my school. It is freezing. Well, I can control the heat in my classroom and the teachers' lounge is heated, but that is it. The hallways feel like the outdoors, sometimes even colder. If I walk to the bathroom or lunch, I have to suit up in my jacket, scarf, and gloves because I can see my breath in the hallway. The thing that makes it worse is that my school even leaves some of the windows open in the hallways, what?!! I don't get it. But, it is normal here and no school heats their hallways. I guess it is a way to cut down on costs, but why the open windows....
So, winter has finally reached South Korea and I am excited to see what it brings. Some of my ideas- new snow boots, learning how to snowboard/ski, warm soups, and vacation!
Btw- Ugg boots are extremely popular here, and of course I left mine at home thinking I would stick out as an American in weird boots. If I only I had realized that I was going to stick out no matter what and ironically would have fit in more with Ugg boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment