Friday, August 27, 2010
Finally Here!
After a night at the Hilton in Chicago, a crazy morning of shuttling to O'Hare, a 14 hour plane ride, 24 hours of being awake, meeting my co-teacher, having dinner, and seeing my new home, this trip has already proven to be quite an adventure. From the little I have seen, I have already decided that this is a beautiful country. Quinn and I had an hour plus long ride from the airport to our town, Seongnam-si, and in every direction you see water and mountains (my fav)! My first dinner in Korea was actually Chinese ironically, but very good. I even already learned some proper etiquette about pouring drinks and how to place your plates and chopsticks while eating. It is definitely an adjustment to not being able to read anything on the menu, let alone anything in general. But, have no fear, there is a 711 around the corner where I could my slurpy fix if I am in need. What else...my apartment is cute, definitely enough room for myself. It is in a really modern building that is surrounded my skyscrapers that are all lit up with stores, restaurants, movie theaters and other great things. When I look out my bedroom window it looks like I live above Times Square. As I am attempting to settle in and use my A/C and other appliances they are all written in Korean and I am just pushing random buttons and that technique is working for now. Anyways, I need to shower with the new towel I just bought (my first Korean purchase) and get to bed. But, as I said, I have already experienced a lot in the first few hours and I can imagine these first few weeks are going to bring a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'll be your biggest blog fan and avid follower. I can't wait to hear all about it! We'll miss you in Chicago this weekend :)
ReplyDelete-Jo