Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!

Well, with the time difference, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I can't explain the extreme jealousy I have as I sit here at work, while everyone scrambles to make it back home for a delicious meal and time with friends and family.  I never thought that I would want to experience the often delayed commute home from Madison to DC, but right now I would.  But, on a positive note, I am so thankful for all of the amazing people and things that I have in my life.  I feel so lucky to have this experience here in Korea, even if I am missing a great American holiday.  I will be celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday with about 15 Americans here and we will be eating a "traditional" dinner.  I am not exactly sure what will come through in the end, but I am sure it will be delicious.  Without fail, there will be sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, brown sugared carrots (I am making), and pumpkin pie (thank you costco!).  There may or may not be a turkey, we are still figuring all of that out.  We are also planning a game of touch football, maybe some scrabble, and downloading a couple of football games to watch after eating.  I just wanted to say, I hope everyone has an amazing night of drinking tonight (your Wednesday), a fabulous meal with friends and family (Thursday), and a great time shopping (on Friday)!!!

P.S. I attempted to explain a "food coma" to my students- epic failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment