Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Discovery- Urban Hikers
On the subway, in the stores, and on the streets you will find many Koreans decked out in top-of-the-line hiking gear. I kid you not, in the city, people dressed in hiking boots, vests (with 15 pockets), walking sticks, and hiking backpacks. This was something that I could not understand until yesterday. Quinn and I visited the "central park" of Seongnam; a huge park including a concert stage, pond, and hiking trails. Here we found the urban hikers walking around and exercising on the public work-out equipment. Yes, you can do crunches, pull-ups, abdominal twists, and many more exercises in public parks for free. My conclusion is that Koreans are always dressed to the nines in their work clothes no matter the day or occasion. So, I think that if there is a moment to dress "down", Koreans wear the nicest casual clothing they can find- hiking clothes. I personally love the people watching involved in this trend, so I might just have to conform. I have the backpack, now just have to get a vest :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment