Wednesday, September 15, 2010
I've got Seoul
Quick update on the rest of the b-day celebration- I went into the city to meet up with some UW kids again and stayed at a different and much nicer hostel this time. Friday night was really fun, but a full work day and attempting to stay out all night just did not work for me. After a few drinks, I was asleep at the noraebong while my friends sang the night away. Oh well, I guess I will get my singing in next time. On Saturday, we all capitalized on the non-rainy weather and headed out to visit another temple. This temple looked very similar to the first temple that I visited, but they are all very interesting to admire. My favorite part is that the temples are built without using a single nail and are a system of interlocking beams. There are little intricacies in the decorations of the roof tiles and walls that I have not found in architecture in the states. Also, we found a bowling alley!! Sadly, the lanes were all taken up by Korean bowling leagues, but it was still a sight to see. There were many grown men all dressed in the same clothing, drinking beer, and having a great time. I definitely want to be part of that. Saturday we ate an amazing, but super super spicy meal. I came into this experience with a very low spice tolerance and already I am disliking food that does not burn my mouth off. The best part of dinner was that my friend Sam received a gift of prune juice from a Korean next to us, which sparked a conversation that lasted about another half hour. This table of Korean men proceeded to serenade us with a K-Pop song and we laughed how my friend Justine looked quite similar to one of them (reddish hair and similar shaped glasses). The night ended with a pitcher of beer and fried chicken (which Koreans LOVE). Overall, another great weekend down and more to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment